Thursday, April 17, 2008

Daily Digest #46

Give me understanding, that I may know Your testimonies. —Psalm 119:125

Integrity is defined as 1 : firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : incorruptibility 2 : an unimpaired condition : soundness 3 : the quality or state of being complete or undivided : completeness. From these definitions alone, we ought to assess ourselves, are my values and ways incorruptible and sound? Do I weigh my thoughts before I deliver my words and actions so as to instill justice and righteousness?

As servants of the Lord, may we spread the good news humbly and responsibly, always basing our words and actions on the Word of God, and at the same time acknowledging Him for our good works. The Scriptures can explain more than any person can ever do. May our opinions be blessed by Him so we may show others of His glory and not ours. We are mere instruments. As listeners and readers, may we focus alone on God's message to us so we may judge ourselves first before we even start judging others. May God bless us with a clean heart so that anything that comes from within us is sound and pure. "Wise words" alone is never better than "values in action" to back them up. May we all learn to develop integrity in our hearts. Pray always.

Labels: ,