Friday, June 20, 2008

Daily Digest #82

What does the Lord your God require of you, but . . . to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. —Deuteronomy 10:12

I was able to reflect more on responsibility/accountability -- how I make use of the blessings God has bestowed upon me. Am I generous enough (materially, mentally, emotionally and spiritually)? Am I utilizing my skills and talents for my own glory, or His? Do I say or do things from the heart? Am I saying, thinking or doing things simply because they are right, or good, or because they make me happy?... It also made me think about humility -- how I am reminded every day to give thanks to each blessing that I receive, and how much God loves me in spite of my sins and flaws that nothing else is left for me to do but to repent and obey.... Honestly, it's been hard to be an obedient servant... Many times, this has led me to doubt myself if everything I've done had been a sacrifice instead of acting out of passion. I learned how important it really is to keep a close communication with God. Because many times we will be tested, until we learn to cry out to God and completely depend on Him, then praise and worship Him.

For this let us pray. May we never fail to give thanks, praise and worship to God who provides us all these blessings. May we humble ourselves before Him. May we not miss the lessons behind every success, failure, blessing or misfortune. May we keep a closer relationship with God through His son, Jesus Christ. Pray always.

Labels: ,