Friday, July 11, 2008

Daily Digest #93

Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh; and the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he did not let the children of Israel go. —Exodus 11:10

The verse and reflection today hit me hard so early in the morning hehehe. I was just whining about another person's attitude and decisions to my best friend a few moments ago. I admit that sometimes I wish to take matters into my own hands for the sake of another person I care about, just to keep him/her from making the same mistakes. I know my intension is real and pure, but oftentimes it leads me to disobedience, and frustration. Sometimes I forget to judge myself first, and realize that mine is not the only way for others to learn their lessons. God always makes a way for us to learn -- sometimes easy, sometimes hard -- and in His time. I guess what I forget most of the time is to trust His ways, and continue to pray for that certain person, instead of throwing judgments and "should's" on or off his/her face. I forget to say a prayer for myself as well, that He may bless me with patience, love and understanding when dealing with certain people. When I look back at moments when things turned out the way I actually prayed for or even better, without my aide, I am humbled by the fact that He is always in control. I guess we really need to remind ourselves that everyday.

For this, let us pray. May we develop an obedient heart. May we lift up our concerns to Him, talk to Him and listen to what He has to say. May God tame our tongues and cleanse our hearts. May He guide us in everything we think, say or do. May His will be done at all times. Pray always.

Labels: ,