Friday, November 21, 2008

Daily Digest #183

The Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. —1 Samuel 16:7

In terms of size, I see my fears as Goliath, and David as my faith -- or much smaller. The enemy has always been myself. I allow my faith to shrink with the slightest tests, and accept that my weakness and fears have overcome me. What I usually forget is that I am not alone in my battles, that He is my source of power and strength. There were many instances when I even denied His presence in my life. But through it all, He helped me get up. He even sent direct help without me noticing -- in forms of unlikely people and random strangers. He had given me hope when I thought it was lost.

The thing with David is, he used whatever he had, no matter how small he was. His size didn't matter to Him. He knew that God was with him all along. He chose to do his utmost, even without any idea how glorious the outcome would be... I can only wish to have faith like that, even just a little bit.

For this, let us pray. May we grow a faithful heart, like David's. May we take our battles to God, and trust that His ways are always the best. May we never fail to pray, and thank Him for all the blessings. Pray always.

Labels: ,