Monday, October 19, 2009

Daily Digest #359

My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you. —Galatians 4:19

Earlier today, I had 4 kids re-taking the exam in the computer room. One of them had been a real pain in the *(&)% for the longest time. I had to sit with him and make him read the instructions one by one. As he read aloud, I asked him to do exactly as instructed, but he couldn't. I asked him if he understood what he read. The first time, he answered 'yes' but just guessed which buttons to click. So I asked him to read again, asking questions in between just to reiterate what was being asked of him, and he finally did everything correctly. So from a score of 10, he got an 80 on his second take.

I realized how I've been like this particular student. I read Bible passages, share them to others, yet I still get lost sometimes. I guess I also read without really understanding. When I read beautiful verses, or sing glorious worship songs, I sometimes miss the meaning of the words that I fail to apply them in my own life. I have hurts that I have yet to overcome, and wants that I have yet to surrender. Indeed, maturing takes a lifetime. But I thank God for giving me a chance to choose His will everyday. I thank God for reminding me to pray when I am on the verge of giving in to sin, and for still loving unconditionally me when I fail Him. He allows me to learn, unlearn and relearn the things I have forgotten or ignored so I could make a wiser choice the second time around.

For this, let us pray. Lord, thank You for showering us with knowledge and experiences to learn from. May these turn into wisdom, so we may glorify You in everything that we think, say or do. Thank You for the gift of choice, for drawing us closer to You no matter how much we resist sometimes. May Your will be done on us always. We ask these in Jesus' name. Amen.

Labels: ,