Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sundays with Joie

I just spent the weekend at my sister's hotel room. She works as a pianist at the Imperial Queens Park Hotel -- just a 5-minute walk from Emporim Plaza and BTS Skytrain.







Hanging out with my sister is fun. We just laughed ourselves to sleep last night, as always. She's my foodtrip buddy. Well, not as much as before but we did eat some today. When we both feel like going out, we usually go to Brown Sugar, a jazz bar near Lumphini Park and Night Bazaar, but we tried the Saxophone Pub at Victory Monument last night, for a change. I still prefer Brown Sugar though. We also love watching horror movies together. We even rent Thai horror movies and make up crazy translations to make them less scary. By the way, I'm going back there on Wednesday night -- Sixth Sense on Star Movies at 9pm. Bwahaha!

Aside from spending time with sis, I always look forward to staying there because I get to watch Star Movies, National Geographic, MTV and BBC (unfortunately, my apartment only has HBO and ESPN, the rest are thai/thai-dubbed channels. pathetic). I also get to read the Bangkok Post and solve the crossword puzzle for free hehe. Jazz and acoustic music mesh well with lying on the bed and reading a good book (uh, Harry Potter 6 for today). Some CD's I played earlier: EBTG - The Best of EBTG, Stacey Kent - In Love Again, Kotaro Oshio - Be Happy, and Renee Olstead.

Oh well, back to work tomorrow.

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Home Page