Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Royal Morning

Guess what I did at 8 am today. I went to the movies haha!

It was actually a treat for the kids, since they're showing a movie about Thai history called King Naresuan at the newly-built Esplanade. I'm not really sure if it's the mall or SFX cinema, but they have a special promo running, early-morning screening for half the price (with kiddie size popcorn and drinks), until next week for different schools in the city. Fortunately, my boss allowed me to join. Love yah, bosing :D



Anyway, back to the film. I never knew that Thai history was so complex. Set in the 15th century, the movie tells the story of a young prince, who later becomes the greatest king in the history of Thailand. It runs for 130mins, with English subtitle (it didn't bother me much that I had to read the whole time -- I actually miss the times when I used to watch foreign films at the university film center -- and that my tushy's been flattened from sitting for hours). It's also amazing how Thai filmmakers have managed to exploit the wonders of modern cinematography. Well, I'm no expert to comment further, but I can say I loved it.

By the way, it's a trilogy. The 2nd one is coming out at the end of this month, and the 3rd in December, on the king's birthday. Can't wait.

Labels: