Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My Offering

For months, I have struggled to focus on Jesus Christ alone. I've had numerous debates inside my head about faith, judgement, hope, etc. Eventually, He made me realize that the key to overcoming every mind-boggling thought or situation is to trust what's in your heart and not your brain. Because that's where He actually knocks and feeds us with true wisdom.

I've always tried to make a Christian song out of every song I listen to. Here's one (Makita Kang Muli by Sugarfree):

Bawat sandali ng aking buhay
Pagmamahal Mo ang aking taglay
San man mapadpad ng hangin
Hindi magbabago aking pagtingin
Pangako natin sa Maykapal
Na tayo lamang sa habang buhay
Maghintay

Puso’y nagdurusa nangungulila
Iniisip Ka ‘pag nag-iisa
Inaalala mga sandali
Nang tayo ay magkapiling
Ikaw ang Gabay sa aking tuwina
Ang aking Ilaw sa gabing mapanglaw
Tanging Ikaw

Ipaglalaban ko ang ating pag-ibig
Maghintay Ka lamang, ako’y darating
Pagka’t sa isang Taong mahal mo ng buong puso
Lahat ay gagawin makita Kang muli,
Makita Kang muli

At first, I was a bit hesitant to indulge on the words. That's when I realized how attached I still am on the thought of romantic love. Thanks to my best friend, who helped me look at it at a different angle. I never thought the person referred to in the song could actually be Jesus Christ, and God the Father as 'Maykapal'.

I've always tried to be cautious getting myself back into daydreaming, a world where we fantasize about things we have no control of. This usually leads me to impatience, which eventually turns to losing my focus on Him. That's why I always remind myself to trust in God, and I will never go wrong.

Labels: , , , ,