Sunday, February 24, 2008

Daily Digest #25

I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4

I remember the story about the footprints in the sand. When the person looked at the traces of steps, he noticed that the 1st half of the journey had 2 pairs of feet walking side by side... Then the next half, there was only 1 pair. "Lord, why did You leave me in the troubled times of life?" he asked the Lord... "My precious child, I'd never leave you. I have carved you on the hollow of My hand. It's then I carried you in My arms, when you see one set of footprints in the sand."

The Lord's response strikes me every time I hear or remember this story. Sometimes we feel we're all alone in this world, especially when we're dealing with problems in our lives. And when we get past them, we sometimes believe we did it all on our own. We even blame God for everything that's happening to us, curse Him for not making us understand why things happen, and begin to control everything by ourselves. The woes of impatience and distrust. I'm sure we have all experienced this at one point or another.

At times of trouble, may we learn to call upon Him. May we never let go of Him, even when it feels like we're only clinging onto the edge of His robe... May we be humbled by our trials, and learn to praise and thank Him for carrying us in His strong arms. May we remember that God is always there and will never let go. May we trust in the Lord at all times. Pray always.

Labels: ,