Sunday, February 17, 2008

Daily Digest #18

Husbands . . . dwell with [your wives] with understanding . . . that your prayers may not be hindered. —1 Peter 3:7

We know that marriage is the most intimate relationship God has blessed us with. But the virtues are almost the same in every other relationship we can possibly have -- with our real friends and our siblings.

No friendship can work without understanding or without going through any challenge to know the other person more. No sisterhood or brotherhood can survive without patience, love and support for one another. Not just because the same blood runs in our veins should we be responsible for each other. We were made family for a reason, no matter how hard it is to accept sometimes hehe. We all have our differences, and I guess the first step to build a stronger relationship is to completely accept the other for what he or she is. I've learned this firsthand from my favorite "patience" practice buddy... my sister. I have failed my tests with her numerous times... I once asked God the moment she left, have i passed the test on patience? I got my answer 3 months later when she came back.... I got a big NO (with echoes). I laughed at myself for having realized this. I even thought she was the one with issues, but I did. I realized that I have not really accepted her completely, as what I've claimed before. I guess we can only hope and pray for the other person to change, but never insist on it. God made us exactly who we are for His purpose. That's my daily mantra nowadays...

May God bless all our relationships. May He always act as a mediator to strengthen the ties that bind us. With His help, may we pass all the tests so we could appreciate and honor each other more, thus serve Him righteously.

Labels: ,