Friday, May 23, 2008

Daily Digest #60

All things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. —Romans 8:28

I was fortunate enough to have attended a Christian retreat over the weekend, where we learned about emotions and how to deal with them the Christian way. I realized how grief and fear have affected and aided most of the major changes that took place in my life. I usually ask a lot of questions when in pain. I complain, usually praying that God takes it all away. But later on, I learned to pray for endurance so I wouldn't miss what God is trying to teach me. When caught up in a similar situation, I am now reminded to find out what else am I to learn from it. Otherwise, the situation would bring a different impact, a more positive one, which would prove that I have finally learned. It also taught me to rejoice over my grief and fear, because I believe He is truly at work in my life. Lately, crying and walking have been my frequent outlets. These are the times when I feel His presence more. Sometimes, I take friends in my walks and it makes me happy to share that bit of intimacy in my life. **Sorry to those who got very exhausted, I guess I'm just used to walking long distances hehe.**

Anyway, I just read this bit in one of my emails: "God makes a promise, faith believes it, hope anticipates it, patience quietly awaits it." Isn't this a wonderful thought to hold on to?

May we pour out all our joys and griefs to God. May we talk to Him openly and listen to His answers patiently. May His will be done at all times. Pray always.

Labels: ,