Friday, July 11, 2008

Daily Digest #95

Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. —Philippians 2:4

The reflection reminded me of what I have gone through several weeks ago. As some of you already know, my ex-boyfriend of just a few months got married recently. You can imagine how much of a blow it had been. I always considered our relationship an open book. We parted ways, confident of our love for each other. Or so it seemed. The moment I learned about the news, it felt as if somebody had just died, or a part of me died. And I could not thank my family and friends more for being angels in disguise. If it weren't for their love, time and support, I doubt that I would be able to endure the pain on my own. They have provided me the much-needed spiritual support, which led me to cling to God more, and believe that God mends everything that is broken. Love truly heals faster than time.

For this, let us pray. May we create a church within the bonds of family and friendship. May we offer our time freely to those in need, and remember that the time others give to us is just as special. May we be ambassadors of Christ, loving and praying for one another. May we lead each other to God.

Labels: ,