Saturday, September 13, 2008

Daily Digest #138

The man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.” —Genesis 3:12

Excuses, excuses :D We're all so full of alibis. We often tend to say these "white lies" just to get ourselves off the hook. I remember watching a funny skit on tv, when one character came home late. Knowing that he'll be scolded by his wife, he started a monologue (in tagalog) as his wife opened the door.... "why have i just arrived now?! don't i know how late it is??!? don't i know that my wife is getting worried and still up waiting for me??!?!" ...then walked straight to the bedroom, leaving his wife awe-struck.

Nobody wants to be blamed that we tend to turn the matter around for our own favor. Though some instances may be hilarious, there are things that are to be taken seriously, and responsibly. Honesty is truly the best policy. Personally, I try to remind myself every time that no secret will be left undiscovered, so it's better to tell the truth as soon as possible. Because I would appreciate it very much also if someone was brave enough to tell me the truth, no matter how hard or how painful. Many times, it ended up making my relationship with another person stronger; if not, it had certainly allowed myself more room to grow.

For this, let us pray.... May we learn to accept personal responsibility for our actions. May we ask God for strength and courage to practice honesty. At the same time, may we not be so quick to judge, and learn to show mercy and forgiveness when asked of us. May we also learn from previous mistakes so we may not repeat them and suffer the consequences. May we continue to pray for each other. Have a wonderful day!

Labels: ,