Friday, October 17, 2008

Daily Digest #163

[Martha] had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus’ feet and heard His word. —Luke 10:39

Funny that today's entry should be like this, for I just allowed myself to be flooded by worry and anxiety yesterday in order to finish all my tasks. I didn't even find time to sit back and relax in His presence before I went to bed. I acted exactly like Martha (which now I realize I usually do), thinking that getting my duties finished was more important than spending quiet time with Him.

I think God has enabled us to perform multi-tasking, which I believe most of us have grown to be experts, but most of the time we tend to neglect our personal fellowship with Him. We get so busy that we become worriers and anxious control freaks hehe. For this, let us pray. May we take that special seat and spend time with Him, to listen to His words and to tell Him about our concerns and what has transpired during the day. May we not allow ourselves to be too occupied by our busy schedules. May we treat Him like our best friend, and feel free to open up to Him about anything. May we believe that He is always here, that He offers comfort, mercy and protection, and that He truly listens. Pray always.

Labels: ,