Friday, November 21, 2008

Daily Digest #184

Why have you despised the commandment of the Lord, to do evil in His sight? —2 Samuel 12:9

I notice how unapproachable I seem in times of confrontation. It is usually one-sided, and I'm the one who confronts. I wonder if people only tend to agree with me, or are scared to offend me. In a way, I feel sad when I still need to ask before someone tells me what I did wrong. I'd rather have someone tell me in the face than act as if everything's okay, yet everyone's talking behind my back. Now, I realize, I have learned to criticize myself. However, an affirmation for one's musings can help in some way, and make one feel that he/she is loved and cared for.

At some point, I have lost the will to confront as well. But the passage today has reminded me how necessary it is in love. Sometimes, we have to put aside the thought of offending someone when we mean well and the concern has been in our prayers, and not just from our own selfish opinions. We have to take courage in helping the people we love, and bring them closer to God.

For this, let us pray. May we draw strength from God so we could be courageous enough to confront others when necessary. May we allow Him to put words into our lips, and guide us in our actions toward others. May we also have an open mind when others confront us, and see the good intention rather than the bad. May we continue praying for each other.

Labels: ,