Saturday, November 29, 2008

Daily Digest #185

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. -- James 1:19 (NIV)

Like some of you, I experience anger from time to time, and am usually unable to step up and confront especially when the person concerned is not a listener. I guess love and patience are always the key in dealing with difficult people. Somehow, the articles below have struck me, how some are acting like jerks because they're hurting. I can personally attest to this, for I do not throw a bad temper or put on a silent treatment when there's absolutely no reason. And I realize how I have become a prisoner of my own behavior when the person concerned does not care at all, or choose to ignore the issue. Those who have acted or act like a jerk, especially towards me, I now understand how they could be having difficulties in their lives, too.

We are stirred away from practicing kindness and love by focusing too much on things that make us analyze until we entirely lose peace of mind. I guess some of our issues do not really matter anyway. For this, I personally pray to God that He teaches us more about patience and love. I wish that we become a person who is not quick to anger, and a better listener. I also hope we can develop speaking openly, but lovingly, more. May we always be reminded that we may not be able to accept or understand everything about a person, but we can always choose to love. We may feel unloved or uncared for, but let us not forget that there is a great God who loves us dearly for exactly who we are. It is also guaranteed that there's at least one person in our lives who is presently giving or bound to give his/her unconditional love, even when we don't notice it much. Blessed are we to have found more than one -- from our family and closest friends. Pray always.

Labels: ,