Friday, January 16, 2009

Daily Digest #210

Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. —Matthew 10:31

Clearly, each of us is special in God's eyes. Our lives have been mapped out before we were even born, for His purpose. So it's pointless to feel insignificant and take pity on one's self. Imagine the vastness of the universe... how overwhelming it is to realize that God knows each of us, despite of our minuteness! As the Bible says, God knows everything, even the number of strands of hair on our heads. How can we claim that He doesn't hear our cries of help and suffering? Maybe we focus too much on our misfortunes than the overflowing blessings we receive each day.

Let's assess ourselves and try to find out what's been blurring our sight, hardening our hearts or blocking the bridge that builds our relationship with the Lord. Maybe we've been longing for things that are not according to His will, or we've allowed ourselves to be trapped in a loop, believing that there's no way out....

For this, let us pray... May we open our eyes and see God's glory around us. May we be mindful of our thoughts, words and actions, and ask for guidance so they may be according to His will. May we count our blessings more. Pray always.

+++++++++++++++++++++

2009/01/13

Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; Be gracious to me and hear my prayer. Psalm 4:1 (NASB)

*** *** *** ***


Today's guest devotional is provided by Jon Walker


Lord, we're desperate for you. We're bunched up in confusion, moving by impulse and fear, flitting here and there like a frenzied flock caught in the wilderness of the far country.

We are here! We are here! And we know you hear. You've heard us before; you've swept in and saved us from our hopeless paralysis.

Do it again, O, Holy One; how long must we wait?

And we hear you say, "Yes, how long? How long must I wait while you wear my grace and peace like a cheap cloak from a secondhand store?"

Oh God, I hear your heart. You set me apart; yet, I joined the crowd – like birds of a feather.

From now on, Abba, when the swirl and twirl shoves at me, instead of taking to panicked wings; I'll let you quiet my soul.

Labels: ,