Thursday, January 08, 2009

Daily Digest #206

Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? —Genesis 18:25

Judgment is something I have been exercising frequently in my life. Not only do I pass judgment on others sometimes, but I also act with indifference or harshness when I "believe" they deserve it. But usually, I feel these things not out of righteousness but simply because they make me uncomfortable. ... I forget that sometimes, it's better to be kind than to be right. I forget that the task is not mine, but God's. And I forget to pray, to lift my complains to God and let Him handle the rest.

Many times has God aided to my pleas whenever I asked. He brought justice into situations that seemed hopeless to me. I have yearned for revenge a couple of times, but He had ways to hold me back and make me think before I acted. Even when I asked Him "why" with remorse, He answered them and it humbled me.

I realized yet again that no matter what situation we're in, we always have the choice -- to love or not to love. I figured it's our only task. For this, let us pray. May we learn to submit ourselves to God, and trust that He gives justice in His way and in His time. May we be humble servants, living each day with thanks and praise. May our lives be a reflection of His love. Pray always.

Labels: ,