Monday, October 19, 2009

Daily Digest #343

[God] is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. —Ephesians 3:20

I am not so good with compliments. Normally, I would make jokes about them because I wouldn't know how to react accordingly. But I was taught before how to say 'thank you' for every sincere compliment, and it set a good start for me to say thanks to God who made it all possible. Yeah, it may sound too good to be true, but it makes me practice humility in a sound way. There is acknowlegdment of whatever I did or had, but there's also recognition of where it came from, which I could not take credit for.... I still slip sometimes -- feeling proud about things without thanking God for them -- but I am thankful that He gives me the chance to practice humility every single day.

For this, let us pray. Lord, thank You for the blessings and for hearing our prayers every time. Thank You for reminding us of our place in this world, and at the same time for making us feel we mean more than the world to You. Forgive us for taking credit for Your grace and power in our lives. Lord, we pray for a humble servant's heart. We ask for strength to follow Your will, and to do our utmost for the time You have given us. May we serve You and our brothers and sisters whole-heartedly. May we serve as Your instruments of love and peace. These we pray, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Labels: ,