Friday, August 14, 2009

Daily Digest #338

Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.” —Matthew 14:27

I honestly wish that I could claim every single day that He is enough in my life. Sometimes, I find myself yearning for things that others have, and miss the gifts that are already mine. When left all alone, I begin to doubt the desires of my heart, if they are just mine, or really His, simply because they have not happened, or I have not gotten them, yet. But lately, I learned to accept how those moments come and go all the time, simply testing my patience and faith. There were times when I made bad choices because I didn't really believe that He was enough. The reading today reminds me yet again that He truly is enough, and that all I need to do is make the most of the time He has given me. Yesterday has passed, tomorrow is yet to come -- TODAY is the only thing that matters.

I have decided to get up and get out to enjoy the rest of this day. I have locked myself in this room for most of the day already, and I really think I should go out there and spend some time with others hehe. I get to experience God's love in the company of my family, friends and loved ones, and I still have them now so I don't want to waste any time sulking and being alone when I could be with them.

May we all experience God's love today. God bless you wherever you are.

Labels: ,