Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Signs

When we ask for signs, it’s amazing how they show up instantly. Other times, it could take days or weeks before the sign actually gets answered.

I guess signs are a form of hopeful prayers, so sure that they’ll always be answered. It could be an instant ‘yes’, or ‘wait’, or just plain ‘no’. A friend once told me, when we ask for signs, it is important that we become very attentive otherwise, it might just pass us by. However, some of us try to cheat on signs, like insist on something as a sign especially when it is in favor of our own desires. It totally defeats the purpose.

I have asked for a few signs recently. The most significant one so far came to me after a week! I thought it was a ‘no’, being the impatient person that I am. Just imagine the look on my face when it showed up right in front of me! I was so stunned all I could do was stare.

Sometimes we are plagued by questions and doubts that in the end, we are left with the phrase “bahala na”. How often do we take this phrase as something so negative, when in fact, it is the exact opposite. So much time and energy are being wasted over worries that we forget all we need to do is sit back, relax, wait ever so patiently, and let the Master of all creations work on the situation. As the saying goes, “when we’re down to nothing, He’s up to something.” He truly makes a way, always. Such comfort to let go of all anxieties!

So I have set a new rule for myself. When trapped in a mind-boggling situation, pray, ask for a sign, wait, and have faith on whatever comes next.

Labels: , , ,