Saturday, January 26, 2008

Daily Digest #9

Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid. —Matthew 14:27

I've been feeling so down lately, I'm not so sure what's going on here. But the passage today has made me realize, yet again, one thing.... that He is in control. Sometimes, the more I convince myself that everything will be just fine, the more I tend to sulk into depression, which shows how doubtful I can be sometimes.... and I'm ashamed for having felt or thought this way. But on second thought, repressing myself from feeling so would just make me deny something that is evidently true at the moment.... that I am sad and tired.... I guess it is really important that we learn to admit our weaknesses.... So weak, to the point that all we could do is look up and cling to Him... He assures us love, and faith, and hope.... That's 100% guaranteed.

May we all pray for each other, especially those who are feeling weak at the moment.... That we may have the heart to face the day with gratitude and praise. May we learn and continue to count our blessings. Remember, this too shall pass.

Labels: ,