Friday, June 06, 2008

Daily Digest #69

I saw under the sun: In the place of judgment, wickedness was there; and in the place of righteousness, iniquity was there. —Ecclesiastes 3:16

Life can be so unfair sometimes. We are caught between situations that leave us hopeless... We ask, why did this happen to us? How could God allow something so terrible to happen? We wonder if we are being punished, and we doubt ourselves. We blame others for our misfortune, and strike at every single person who go against us. We are overwhelmed by the feeling of anger, grief and frustration... I recently had this experience. I fell in love, fought for what I believed and hoped for, and got heartbroken in the end. Yet after everything that had happened, I realized that God has better plans for me, and for him. God taught me how to love completely, to give more than I can take, to forgive, to never lose hope, and to have faith. God showed me how love truly heals faster than time. I also learned that when we get ourselves into a battlefield, the strongest armor we have is prayer...

The Book of Ecclesiastes reminds us that no matter how terrible things get, they shall come to pass. That there is a reason for everything in this world. That God is watching over us. That God is using each of us for His purpose. All we need to do is pour all our emotions to Him when we cannot bear them anymore, and He will handle the rest. It may take time to understand what He wants us to do and learn, but we are assured that that time will come, and that everything works out for the best.

May we cling to God always. May we call out to Him in our joys and pains. We may still fear trusting God with everything in our lives, but may we continuously pray that He helps us overcome our unbelief. May we never ever give up. May His will be done at all times. Pray always.

Labels: ,