Friday, June 06, 2008

Daily Digest #71

Why are you cast down, O my soul? . . . Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him. —Psalm 42:5

It may be hard to believe, but God is very much closer to us when we fail, when we cry, when we feel hopeless -- every sorrowful thing imaginable. I used to worry so much about different things. I tried to control those I have no control of. I was so afraid to make mistakes. During those times, I knew God was reminding me to assess myself, to learn to let go and trust His ways. But I was stubborn and still did what I thought was right for me. End result? More worries, sleepless nights and excessive grumpiness! I now realize that the fear of making mistakes represses me from expressing what I really feel deep inside. I forget that God has His ways of making things work out for the best. I guess God allowed me to wallow on these emotions so that I may realize that they are all part of what He wants me to become.

Still sometimes we find ourselves committing the same mistakes, but God will surely do whatever it takes to teach us His lesson. Some may believe they are being punished by God, but they do not realize that they themselves have allowed their choices to punish them. As we all know, freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We make mistakes to learn from them and be closer to God, not to indulge on them or justify irresponsible actions by saying we are free to do whatever we want.

For this, may God give us courage to face our fear of making mistakes. May we learn from them, and grow in spirit. May we learn to call upon Him, and build a closer relationship with His son, Jesus Christ. Pray always.

Labels: ,