Saturday, September 13, 2008

Daily Digest #140

Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them. —Romans 12:6

I am one of those people who believe that everything has a reason. I believe that one is placed in a situation at a given time because he/she is meant to be there. The only question is, what will I do with the time given to me? I find myself in ordinary situations and end up learning something unexpected or extraordinary many times. A plain day suddenly turns into a life-changing event. Like meeting a person, who later on becomes a good friend. When I look back and trace how I met people in my dearest relationships, I see the day just like any other. But the "chance encounter" made all the difference in the world.

When we find ourselves helping or talking to random strangers, we may not realize it but we may have an impact on someone's life, or they in us. Many are also moved by skills and talents like singing or writing poetry, or acts of charity. We may also think we don't gain anything from the services or kindness or smile that we share that we start to feel bored or useless, but we'll never know how many of those people we met have silently prayed for us, or have passed it on. Looking at the big picture, we realize how magnificent God's plan is for each of us. We're all pieces of a puzzle. He's really got everything figured out.

For this, let us pray. May we make the most of the time given to us. May we start the day with a smile. May we not think of what we can get but rather what we can give. May we listen to His call. May we seek His will for us each day. May we be like those who start the day with a prayer, asking God "what would You have me do today?" with love and gladness. Pray always.

Labels: ,