Friday, September 26, 2008

Daily Digest #149

The fruit of the Spirit is . . . longsuffering. —Galatians 5:22

Wow, patience! Major "whooo-pishhhh!" and "kablaaammmm!" to me! Impatience has been very much evident in my life. I easily blow up when I am not in the mood and then someone provokes me. Dealing with impatience can be a serious problem for moody people like me. We usually find ourselves hurting other people, although we may not mean it. Because of our emotional outbursts, innocent people usually suffer the blow.

I realized all these when I found the root of my bad mood (which varies from time to time). Sometimes we get so irritable because we lack sleep. Or maybe we just allowed ourselves to be bothered by trivial things. The problem with trivial things is that they ALWAYS seem to be a very big deal at first. So it is important that we learn to find a way to come back to our senses.

For me, God's Word has been the key, plus the help of some friends who made me look at things at a different perspective. I was a fool to ignore all these from the start. I knew, yet I allowed myself to be stubborn.

For this, I personally thank God for always reminding me that He is here. I thank Him for sending help whenever I can't find the courage to ask. I thank Him for making me feel loved and comforted (I really love it when friends tell me "Jesus loves you", or "smile always"). May we ask for His guidance everyday, that He may tame our tongues and lead our thoughts and actions to righteousness. May our lives be a reflection of God's love. Pray always.

Labels: ,