Saturday, December 06, 2008

Daily Digest #190

He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again. —2 Corinthians 5:15

The reading today is very timely for me. I have many passions -- music, art, food, learning about life -- which I long to share with others. Just recently, I felt like going out to watch a movie, or just hanging out with somebody. When I browsed on my phone book, I didn't have that "instant" person to contact, which made me feel really sad. It made me think of the kind of relationships I have built over time. It occurred to me how much I needed to reach out to others more. I want to claim that I have a passion for people, but sometimes I let my fear of being betrayed, rejected or abandoned get in the way. Upon realizing this, people suddenly came to me one by one -- a knock on my door, phone call, text message, YM, email. Not only did some of us engage in small talk, but we were able to talk about each other's passions, God, prayers and our blessings.
Sometimes, when we find it hard to reach out, God sends people to help us make the first step. It is up to us if we would take that step, or turn away. For this let us pray. May we take courage and ask God for strength in building relationships. May we ask God to be the center of our family, friendships and partnerships. May we also believe that He truly listens to our prayers, that He hears every joy, every fear, every heartache. May we accept His invitation to come to Him everyday, and listen to His guiding voice. May our lives be living testimonies of His love. Pray always.

Labels: ,