Saturday, January 24, 2009

Daily Digest #214

Let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. —James 1:6

To tell you the truth, I have been doubting God several times a day. Just this morning, I was having a rough start here at work. There was nothing much to do early in the morning, and I was easily irritated by the noise around me. The slow internet irked me, and more when the Daily Bread was not loading. I started whining inside my head, "do I have to wait for this, too???" I knew I had to take a walk to relax a bit, so I went outside the campus grounds to think, but I ended up eating (I don't normally eat breakfast). As I walked back to work, I started thinking about things that are wrong in my life, then blaming God for not making them right. Imagine that way of thinking so early in the morning? Then all that was left for me to do was tell Him I was tired. It was like hearing Him say, "napagod ka rin ano? relaks...." (so u finally got tired huh? relax....) Then, I finally smiled.

It's funny, looking back now, how God was actually teaching me about faith and perseverance even in idleness. I believe idleness could also be a moment of trial for anyone; because doing nothing invites unhealthy thoughts and temptation to creep in. For me, idleness is God's way of reminding me to do something productive, something to make Him smile -- may it be at work or at home.

For this, let us pray. May we strengthen our relationship with God, and learn to seek His wisdom and guidance every time. May we stop worrying, and leave our troubles to God. May we also learn to keep away from unhealthy things and activities that cloud our minds and weaken our spirits. Pray always.

Labels: ,