Friday, January 16, 2009

Daily Digest #212

How then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God? —Genesis 39:9

We tend to find grey areas in God's absolute rules just to make our choices acceptable to many. And our society has made up numerous "acceptable" rules and concepts that has blurred the border between plain right and wrong. We make the clear unclear, and adjust the border to what we think is more favorable, pleasurable and comfortable. I myself have adapted to most of these "re-defined" rules and concepts in my life. But as my earlier forwarded post stated on what Shakespeare said about the mad pursuit of pleasure -- "past reason hunted, and once had, past reason hated" -- we're only setting a trap for ourselves. We even reason with it, that we ought to learn from experience :D Sometimes we can't help but be rebels, only to crawl back and say "I guess You were right".

For this, let us pray. May we be like Joseph, who saw sin as what it was: a serious offense against the Lord. May we be more concerned about putting a smile on God's face, and not out of mere obligation, but of real love. Pray always. Happy weekend and God bless!

Labels: ,