Friday, February 13, 2009

Daily Digest #227

A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance. —Proverbs 15:13

A good mood can always do wonders, not only for ourselves, but for others around us, too. I remember how people at work used to "cringe" when I was in a bad mood. And when I was having a good day, I could sense that the tension was less, and I seemed to be more approachable. I learned to put on a smile, even at times I was not feeling so well. I figured how my moods were affecting others, which in turn affected me. Much more when I learned about God, and how He is alive within us through the Holy Spirit -- He made it easier for me to smile without pretense, and really show that I was happy inside, despite of the circumstances. Little by little, I learned to recognize and accept my emotions. I am still not very good at mastering them, but with God's help, I can only hope and pray that I get by without being mean or insensitive to others.

For this, let us pray. May we learn to assess our actions toward others. May we be more sensible and kind, irregardless of our position -- superior or subordinate. May we learn to control our moods and pray whenever we struggle. May we show God's love and glory in the way we live. Pray always.

Labels: ,