Friday, January 30, 2009

Daily Digest #218

Everyone who exalts himself will be humbled. —Luke 18:14

Honestly, I do this unconsciously, especially when I am mad at somebody. I point out the person's flaws and ask God why he/she is the way he/she is. I instantly know what the person should do or be, and complain how he/she could not know it. It has been very humbling to be reminded of how I should never judge anybody, how each person has his/her own journey. It made me realize how my thoughts and actions have always been tainted, because if my heart was pure, I wouldn't be personally angry at or offended by anybody in the first place.

I figured our reactions to different situations depend on the condition of our hearts. People or circumstances may seem to irritate us, but do we ever wonder why they bother us so much? Why do we allow these things to ruin our day, give them power over our lives, when we always have the choice to view it at a different perspective? The answer always lies within ourselves. Let us do a quick check every time our moods turn sour.


For this, let us pray. May we realize that the biggest enemy we have most of the time is our own selves. May we allow God to cleanse our hearts. May we walk humbly, and never hesitate to ask God for help especially when our anger, frustration or hatred seem to rise. May we take our personal battles to God and let Him be the judge of everything. May we always see each day as a blessing -- an opportunity to love and be happy. Pray always.

Labels: ,