Friday, January 30, 2009

Daily Digest #221

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. —Galatians 6:7

Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow. This line got me into thinking... "what do i want to reap tomorrow that i would have to sow today?"

I've always wanted love, respect and laughter in my life, whatever kind of situation there is... A kind that gets me through anything, allowing me to hold on, no matter how grave things get. I notice how one invites love by simply being lovable. Not because of appearance, but because of deeds that invite love back, without expectations. And I notice how one invites respect when he/she has truly earned it. My students taught me that :D

The relationships I have built, and broken, over time have taught me these things -- together with accountability, commitment and listening. Sometimes, I still wonder why I get so lonely or angry for everything that I don't get back. But I figured, if i wanted love, respect and laughter in my life, I ought to practice them to myself, unceasingly. I can only hope and pray that I keep focused on the joy it brings, and would bring in the years to come.

For this, let us pray. May we remind ourselves everyday of the things we want to reap someday. Sometimes, the biggest hindrance is an unforgiving heart. May we ask God to teach us how to forgive others, and most importantly, ourselves. May we stay focused on our immaterial goals. Pray always.

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. (Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi)

Labels: ,