Friday, February 13, 2009

Daily Digest #228

It came to pass . . . that God tested Abraham, and said to him, "Abraham!" And he said, "Here I am." —Genesis 22:1

I was able to reflect on Abraham's story a few weeks ago. We taught the kids in Sunday school the same story, and it got me into thinking... "what would i give up for Him? or rather, "what would He make me give up?" Honestly, it made me nervous. It made me think about the things that I am, or most likely to be, attached to -- my family, my closest friends, the love of my life, or my kids. But then, like Abraham, it was all a test, and God knew that his faith would not falter.

God wants each of us to strengthen our faith in Him, to trust His ways and believe He has reasons beyond our comprehension. He doesn't want us to settle and cling onto things, because everything in this world is temporary. We are only given the time to build, enjoy and enrich our relationships with each other, and to hone our characters. Everything is but a test. It is our choice to act on every opportunity to serve and love God, or not. He wants us to remain faithful, patient and prayerful. He reveals His plans His way, and in His time.

For this, let us pray. May we strengthen our relationship with God through His son, Jesus Christ. May we never forget to pray, from the moment we wake up, until we lay ourselves to sleep. May we truly love God and trust His ways. May we count our blessings, and be grateful. Pray always.

Labels: ,