Monday, October 19, 2009

Daily Digest #348

He restores my soul. —Psalm 23:3

Oh, how very timely :D I believe some of us are feeling "cast down" at the moment. The reflection explains how important it is for us to cling to God more in moments like this. We may not be aware that we are carrying baggages which we thought we have long forgotten. However, the passage reminds us of God's love, that no matter what choice we make, and no matter how grave our sins are, He still welcomes us into His loving arms and gives us rest. He continues to teach us about forgiveness -- how we should forgive others, and most especially, ourselves. He reminds us how every single one of us matters -- that the universe will never be complete without our existence. And that's more than enough reason to get up and live again :D

I would like to quote Psalm 91 from the Bible. This goes especially to those who need inner healing. Please read below, as if it was your own prayer.

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,

6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.

8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-

10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;

12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

And allow me to end this with Romans 8:37-39. I feel very fortunate to have read it last night:

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

How deep is the Father's love for us! :D May we always remind ourselves of our worth, and be grateful to be part of God's family. Pray always. God bless!

Labels: ,