Monday, October 19, 2009

Daily Digest #361

Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water, but a man of understanding will draw it out. —Proverbs 20:5

Wow, the Daily Bread entries this week are on a roll :D I've been hit here and there by the truths that I've been denying myself to believe, and follow, these past few days. And God's truths continue to prevail! I have been called to accept and understand people in my life, but I refused and insisted on what I thought was best. There's no love in what I did, although I claimed I loved those people. I realize how my pride has taken over, and how I've given into the fear of losing it. I demanded to be heard and be understood, but I also forgot to listen and understand. I thought I was being selfless, but I turned out to be the selfish one. In the middle of all these, I asked God, "what's the matter with me???" I couldn't help but complain how I've become worse rather than better. Still, He assured me of His love and forgiveness, which is always humbling and awakening.

For this, join me in prayer. Lord, thank You for your message to us today. Thank You for giving us the chance to be Your ambassadors of love and peace. We are sorry for those times when we chose to disobey, and went our own way. Lord, we ask for faith in Your love and mercy. May we allow Your Spirit to grow in us and manifest true love in our lives. These we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

Labels: ,