Monday, July 31, 2006

Ignored No More

After experimenting with dinner (made omelet, thai style), I noticed my guitar in the corner of my bedroom, covered with fine dust, obviously neglected for a very long time. So I thought maybe tonight would be perfect, since it was also pouring outside.

To create the perfect ambience, I turned on the lamps, burned sandal wood incense, squatted on the carpet surrounded by huge pillows, then played my old repertoire -- Sarah McLachlan, Shawn Colvin, Jason Mraz and Sixpence -- and some new songs by Corinne Bailey Rae and Kotaro Oshio (*slight*... still working on the chords).

It reminded me of my college days, and times at home with my family, just making music, not a care in the world. Soothingly therapeutic.

I think I should be doing it more often.

Labels: ,


4 Comments:

  • One of my fondest memories in UP was sitting in the narrow hall of Yia, listening to the harmonious voices of you and nanet while you strum your acoustic guitar. So for Jeff's sake, keep on playing!!! ;)

    By Blogger Selfshift, at 8:59 AM, August 01, 2006  

  • Hahah, sana maulit muli :D I wish I could time-travel to that exact moment -- one fine day, without exams and/or anything seriously vital that could change the course of my future. That must be truly awesome.... :D *dreamy state*

    By Blogger mojojho, at 4:26 PM, August 01, 2006  

  • hahaha kahit may exams nagjajamming nga tayo eh!

    why not try playing guitar while doing billy blanks taebo??!?! astig!!

    By Blogger Elkath, at 4:41 AM, August 02, 2006  

  • haha briiiiiiilliant ideeeeeeaaaah! :p gudlak na ineng. anyways, bilis mgbangkok ka na, jamming ulit! i-video naten hahaha!

    By Blogger mojojho, at 2:35 PM, August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

Back to Home Page