Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My Inner Brat

For the first time in many months, or even years, my conscience kicked in when I came to work this morning almost an hour late. Well, just a little bit ;)

I have been late, almost always, at work for as long as I can remember, and this is something I’m not proud of. But when I’m going somewhere fun with family or friends, I always make it right on time, or even ahead of time. Getting up at 7 o’clock in the morning for work seems more difficult to me than getting up for a trip, or just an early holiday breeze, at 5am. Not that I don’t enjoy my job, which I do, I just don’t get the point of coming to work before 8am, and just sit there doing almost nothing. I do work in a school, so the day always starts early, though not for me. So even when I wake up at 6, I just stay there in bed, watching TV or trying to get more sleep, and still couldn’t come to work on time (couldn’t, or wouldn’t? hehe).

I was initially looking for funny quotes about tardiness, for my daily blog. I didn’t find anything funny. Maybe tardiness is really not a subject to laugh about. Then, I read this article. It made me realize something about myself. I do lack the self-discipline. I allow my inner brat to interfere with my adult self, and actually let it win. My tardiness almost seems deliberate that I make excuses sound foolish, at least to myself.

I do hope someday I break the habit.

Labels:


2 Comments:

  • ineng, more than 3 years na tayong dalawa na ganito ang habit... tingin mo ilang buwan kaya ang kailangan nating training para ma break ang habit? hehehe!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:52 PM, July 26, 2006  

  • Kaya nga hope e! HOPE! Gudlak nalang ineng....

    By Blogger mojojho, at 4:58 PM, July 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

Back to Home Page