Monday, February 19, 2007

A Prayer

Lord, thank you for this wonderful day, for giving me a chance to make up for my sins and to be enlightened by Your grace. I am a sinner who is not worthy of You, but still You shower me with Your blessings. You have made me see happiness even in the smallest things. For this, I am grateful.

Thank you for these words that have just recently opened my heart....

Love for Enemies (Matthew 5)

43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Lord, I am the enemy. Please forgive me for I have hurt special people in so many ways. Friendship has taught me many things that I realized how much I have really lost. I had let anger, pride and hate take over me. I did not listen to what You were telling my heart to do. For this Lord, I suffer. And I deserve it. I ask that I may be forgiven. It does not matter how long, for I am still here.

Lead us not into temptation -- away from anger, pride, hate, jealousy and vengeance. I lift up everything to you, Lord. May Your will be done.

Labels: , , ,