Sunday, February 10, 2008

Daily Digest #16

Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life. —Proverbs 4:23

When I started grumbling and cursing at the tiniest matters around me -- a speeding motorcycle driver who almost hit me, after which I started greeting others with a frown -- I knew something was wrong. This was exactly what happened to me early this morning, and I carry a feeling of piercing guilt and shame just typing this now. Much more when I asked myself today’s question, “am I really tending the garden of my heart?” I see weeds and gravel!!! I've always been the type of person who speaks her heart out. Sometimes I get irritable and lose control of myself that I fail to think about the consequences of my aloofness and impatience. I do not wish to go back to my old self, who cared for no one but herself. I guess it's really important to assess one's self from time to time...

And so, may we pray to God that we learn to tend the garden of our hearts. That we may not be carried away by our mood swings so that we would not hurt somebody else's feelings. We might say we didn't intend for those things to happen, but still. They may forget what we’ve said or done, but they will never forget how we made them feel. Ouch.... May we truly repent for our sins. May we learn to make up for our mistakes and shortcomings. May we look up to Him at all times and never forget to pray.

Labels: ,