Friday, January 30, 2009

Daily Digest #217

When the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. —John 15:26

Yesterday, in Sunday school, we asked our pre-k kids to pray about something that they really, really want. And one kid said, "I pray that my mom would learn to smile everyday. She's always angry." I couldn't say anything else but "so we'll pray for that everyday, okay?" I thought we, like mothers who want what's best for their kids, we often forget to show our love and care in ways that people we care about understand. Just like telling them about God or Jesus Christ, which has become a subject for debate over the years. Many, especially those who claim to be believers, act the opposite of what they say. I have been guilty of this also. I do believe that the best way to share about God is by the way we live. Do we choose compassion over righteousness? Are we grateful? Do we love? Do we have passion?

I believe I have made the same impression on some people about my daily emails. And I have learned of some who simply refused to read, because the "messenger" is not so credible or convincing. One time, my father told me how my text messages hurt (i send them sms daily), like I sent them to him on purpose. I learned how insensitive I had actually been, knowing about His struggles that time. These things used to worry me. I learned that sometimes, it's really better to be kind than right. Now, I can only pray that God uses my emails as an instrument to build bridges between Him and people I care about. I can only share His Words, and testify of His love and works in my life, and those I have witnessed around me -- hopefully, with kindness and love.

For this, let us pray. May God teach us love and kindness every day. May we be thankful for all our blessings. May we learn to repent, and really have a change of heart. May we show God's love in the way we live. Pray always.

Labels: ,