Friday, February 20, 2009

Daily Digest #232

Beloved, now we are children of God. —1 John 3:2

Last week, my mom's YM status caught my attention. It's by Benjamin Disraeli which read "The secret of success is constancy to purpose." This got me into thinking: what's my purpose?

Society has created many definitions of "success". It is usually focused on wealth and fame and honor these days. This got us into planning and worrying about the future, dreaming of what we'd turn out to be, which has often led us to taking each day for granted. We forget that what we have at the moment matters to the future we're trying to build. God is constantly reminding us of how it is always fine to have dreams and wishes, but we ought to find and act on our purpose in each blessed day, irregardless of status.

Anyway, I was reminded by my mom's quote of what I'm supposed to be doing every day: to appreciate every single thing that I have, or is happening, in my life at the moment, to serve the best way I can, and to love. I believe that is how I can find contentment and happiness in my life. Well, mind you, I still have wishes and dreams like everyone else. But I can only hope and pray that the desires of my heart are according to His.

For this, please join me in prayer. May we count each day as a blessing. May we learn more about God and what He has done, and is constantly doing, for us. May we find joy, contentment and peace of mind. May we exercise love in every chance we get. May His will be done on us. Pray always.

Labels: ,