Saturday, March 14, 2009

Daily Digest #244

I am weary with my groaning; all night I make my bed swim; I drench my couch with my tears. —Psalm 6:6

I remember the time when I got my heart broken :D For me, it is in the risk of loving where pain strikes the hardest. Anyway, it came to a point when I almost broke down. I had to ask a few of my closest friends to keep on talking, just about anything, to divert my mind. I cried until there were no tears left. I sulked into depression for a few days, while I kept repeating over and over in my head where it went wrong. Then one day, God gave me His answer from the book of Ecclesiastes: "There's a time for everything". And He added, "Trust in Me and you will never go wrong. The best is yet to come." I was so overwhelmed that I actually posted it as a note on my mobile. These short, yet powerful, words have helped me regain my sense of self and trust in the Lord.

Now, looking back, I realize I have completely forgotten the pain. I can only feel God's comfort, and the peace He instilled in my mind and in my heart. He has mustered my strength, courage and faith back again. It still scares me whenever I think about it, but His words give me a nudge every time, saying that I need not worry and that He's right here with me. From then on, I learned to appreciate and cherish every step, stop and turn in my journey with God.

For this, let us pray. May we never lose hope in the Lord. May we lean on Him in times of trouble and defeat. May we remember that He knows everything, and has laid all the best plans for each of us. May we trust His ways and time. Pray always.

Labels: ,