Friday, April 24, 2009

Daily Digest #271

The God of peace will be with you. —Philippians 4:9

I used to be very anxious. Back then, I worried about the most trivial things, especially at night before I went to bed. Instead of reflecting on and learning from what transpired throughout the day, I stopped at the thought of what I did wrong. And in the morning, I woke up feeling tired because I didn't get a good night's sleep. My body was asleep but my thoughts were keeping me awake. Then I figured how much I was trying to control things so I could either stir them to the direction I wanted, or understand them the way I wanted to. I didn't give any room for God to take over, causing more burden to myself, and arriving at no conclusions. I had wasted my time and energy on worry when all I needed to do was pray, hold on and wait.

God has given us messages of promise, hope and strength from the following verses. Let us read them one by one, and pick a verse that strikes us the most. I have already highlighted mine.

For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. (Romans 15:4 NKJV)

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling. (Psalms 46:1-3 NKJV)

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” (Psalms 23:4 NKJV)

You shall increase my greatness, And comfort me on every side. (Psalms 71:21 NKJV)

Remember the word to Your servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life. (Psalms 119:49-50 NKJV)

For the LORD will comfort Zion, He will comfort all her waste places; He will make her wilderness like Eden, And her desert like the garden of the LORD; Joy and gladness will be found in it, Thanksgiving and the voice of melody. (Isaiah 51:3 NKJV)

He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor punished us according to our iniquities. For as the heavens are high above the earth, So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. As a father pities his children, So the LORD pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust. (Psalms 103:10-14 NKJV)

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. (1 Peter 5:6-7 NKJV)

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. (Revelation 3:20-21 NKJV)

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:11-13 NKJV)

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV)

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! (Psalms 46:10 NKJV)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV)

And in due time you shall see the fulfillment of God’s promise to His people unfold before your eyes: “And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:4 NKJV)

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. (2 Corinthians 1:3-5 NKJV)

Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. (Revelation 3:11 NKJV)

Even so, come, Lord Jesus! (Revelation 22:20-b)

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. (Revelation 22:21 NKJV)

Let us pray for each other, especially for those who struggle to find strength and peace of mind. May His words ignite a flame in our hearts, guide us and keep us away from worries. May we always open our hearts and minds to the wisdom He imparts us.... Pray always.

Labels: ,