Thursday, July 30, 2009

Daily Digest #315

The Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost. —Luke 19:10

God's grace and forgiveness has always been evident in my life. He always gives me peace of mind after a prayer, and hope so I can start fresh and clean. The more I realize it, the more He opens my eyes to see the opportunities to do the same for others. The only thing that stops me from doing so is when I choose my own comfort above all else -- when I start to think more for myself. But I realize how unhappy and discontented this makes me. I guess that's God's way of telling me how I am here for a purpose, and not just for myself.

To admit our sinful nature is hard, especially when we have pride in our hearts. But I believe He truly forgives those who repent. And we also ought to forgive others as we have been forgiven. I guess through little acts of kindness and mercy, we give others a glimpse of heaven on earth. We make them witnesses of God's love, just as we have been made witnesses to others.

For this, let us pray. Lord, thank You for saving us from our sins, and for welcoming us into Your family. We praise and worship You for giving us life, and opportunities to serve You every waking day. Lord, we ask for courage and strength to draw others closer to You. Thank You for sending us angels and blessings to rekindle the flame in our hearts. May we be a light to those whose hearts have grown dim and weary. May we always trust You, and pray to You. May Your will be done on us always. Amen.

Labels: ,