Thursday, January 21, 2010

Daily Digest #368

Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way. —Psalm 119:37

It's funny how some random chats I had this morning brought us reminiscing about the past. I have forgotten many of the things I've heard, and it was such a delight to learn how things were in the past, and what I used to be. Last night, I was wondering about my old self. Did I change much? Did I improve? Am I happier? Looking at the choices I've made now that I'm older, I realize how I've been so afraid of the unknown. I was more enthusiastic, and much braver, before.

I guess the Bible verse today reminds us how we should learn to look back to what was once pure and simple, how our child-like faith and passion are God-given. He did not give us a heart of fear, but of trust and faith. He patiently waits for us to come back to Him, and awaken the Spirit that He has instilled within each of us. He offers His wisdom freely through the Bible, if we would only read, reflect, and truly understand and exercise in our lives what we've learned.

For this, let us pray. Lord, thank You for Your wisdom. Thank You for sending us daily reminders to turn back to You. We ask for Your guidance, strength and protection as we make choices and do the tasks You have set for us to do. May we turn knowledge into wisdom, and truly have a change of heart. Amen.

Happy long weekend! :D Pray always. God bless!

Labels: ,