Thursday, July 17, 2008

Daily Digest #101

When [Jesus] had sent the multitudes away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. —Matthew 14:23

I can only testify how powerful prayer has been in my life. There were moments when I thought I couldn't bear the anticipation and/or pain of a certain thing, but somehow I was able to endure and carry on. There were many times when I prayed for the impossible, like an outcome I have no control of, and some were answered yes, or no, or turned out better than what I prayed for. I believe prayer is the most intimate form of communication between God and humans. It is a time when we can pour out everything inside our hearts and heads, raise questions and get answers in ways only God can provide. In the silence of our hearts, we can learn to hear His voice and embrace Him, as if He's sitting/standing/lying right next to us.

How Jesus prayed to His Father clearly demonstrates the way we should pray. He looked forward to the silent moments with His Father, as He continued with His life's purpose on earth. For this, may we pray like Jesus -- praising, worshiping and thanking Him, offering our whole selves to the Father. May we build a closer relationship with God though His Son, Jesus Christ. Pray always.

Labels: ,