Friday, August 08, 2008

Daily Digest #112

No other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. —1 Corinthians 3:11

I was given an opportunity to share God's love in my life yesterday, and I found the much needed and prayed for friendliness and encouragement in the faces of the audience. I only asked Him to use me as an instrument to send out His message, and I ended up learning more from what have been coming out of my own mouth. I can only praise Him for giving me the wisdom, courage and strength to do what had to be done, and it has truly given me more joy than I expected. Only God knows how much of those people's lives have been truly touched, but nothing could have made me more glad than to serve Him with all my heart and mind that afternoon.

In my talk, I shared how much my "neighbors" have been an image of Jesus Christ in many ways. If it weren't for the love and support of the people around me, I wouldn't learn about faith, hope and love. They laughed and cried with me, lent a hand or an ear when I needed one, hugged, kissed and prayed for me unceasingly. I can only hope to reciprocate all the love and kindness they have shown me, so they can also see God's work in my life.... I realize how God sends "angels" to help us endure and get through different circumstances, each leading us closer to Him. He always makes a way to show us that we are truly loved. And to know that we are loved that much gives us the security of risking loving and trusting others.

For this, let us pray. May we build a closer relationship with God through His son, Jesus Christ. May we learn how to pray, not only for our own, but also for others. May we keep looking up to Him, and learn to walk by faith and not bu sight. Pray always.

Labels: ,