Friday, August 01, 2008

Daily Digest #107

When you come into the land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations. —Deuteronomy 18:9

We can be so anxious when it comes to knowing our future. Yesterday, I just shared a small revelation to a number of people, how I used to fear tomorrow. Not in a phobic kind of way, but something that has to do with frustration or disappointment -- how things I yearn for might not come to reality. Then it occurred to me how little faith I have. I was struck by what my sister told me a few days ago. She said "God never fails a heart that is pure. He knows that you are waiting for something, so He will surely give it to you, in His way and in His time." I've never felt so relieved. And I've never regained so much hope until those words were spoken to me. That definitely answered the question I had been trying to construct inside my head.

Fear is a natural thing. We all have various kinds. But how we handle our fears makes the biggest difference of all. We may choose to be cowards, or become disillusioned that we have everything under control. Or we may choose to take courage to face our fears, seeking God's help to overcome them, and trusting that He will get us through.

For this, let us pray. May we learn to lift up all our fears to God and trust that He will take care of the rest. May we live by the day, never missing each blessing in our lives, and thanking Him for it. May we see clearly that the only thing that matters is NOW, and not yesterday or tomorrow. Pray always.

Labels: ,