Friday, August 15, 2008

Daily Digest #121

Through love serve one another. —Galatians 5:13

For the first time in many months, I feel like running away from where I am now. Everything seems so boring and familiar. It feels like the world has gotten smaller, and I am confined in a place where there are no choices. I started the day with a blank face and haven't uttered a word except "...'morning". Pretty dull huh?

Then upon reading today's passage, God has made me realize that it's okay to be tired sometimes. It's what one does with tiredness that matters. I could only thank Him for not making me resort to further grumpiness. This has also reminded me to smile a little. Sometimes, a smile can change one's mood, and could make one feel lighter inside. And sometimes, our smile could be the only thing another person needs. Truly, service cannot simply be measured by the weight of its vigorousness. We all have a role to play everyday, no matter how big or small. Each of us is placed where we are for a reason, so we should always make the best out of the time given to us.

For this, let us pray. May we learn to smile no matter what. May we lift our heavy hearts to God and let Him take care of the rest. May we believe and trust that He will always make things better than we ever imagined. May He bless us with love and kindness. Pray always.

Labels: ,