Friday, August 08, 2008

Daily Digest #113

Lord, why do You cast off my soul? Why do You hide Your face from me? —Psalm 88:14

I find prayer a very therapeutic way for me at times of anxiety and depression. I am able to release all negative emotions, as if talking in front of my best friend, or my mom, or my sister. And I feel a calming presence, as if lifting all my burdens as I open up little by little. I was chatting with my mom the other day, just reminiscing about the past about our family. She suddenly mentioned how she always ran to church whenever she needed to release something building up inside of her, and she couldn't think of any better way than to pray. The same with a friend I chatted with last night, who testified how much prayer has done in her marriage and family, counting her blessings more and more each day. I realize what great testimonies these are about the power of prayer. Sometimes, when we're on the verge of giving up on someone or on ourselves, or we're too ecstatic about something, prayer is all we need. These are the times when He's actually trying to talk to us... if only we choose to see or hear Him.

For this, let us pray. May we develop a prayerful lifestyle. May we learn to cling on Him in moments of trouble, and rejoice with and for Him, for making us endure, for getting us through, and for showering us with so much blessings. May we build a closer relationship with God through His son, Jesus Christ. Pray always.

Labels: ,